Customer Service, Privacy & Software EULA.
- Shipping & Delivery
- Privacy & Security
- Returns & Replacements
- Payment, Pricing & Promotions
- Viewing Orders
- Updating Account Information
- End user License Agreement
- Software removal instructions
- Contact BKE
- Shipping & Delivery
- Software and Expansion Sound Packs are digital delivery only. Once your payment is complete you will receive download links for each product you order. You can access your download links by logging into the account you created when you made your purchase. To log in go here. If you've forgotten your account you can go here. If you have any further issues get in touch with us by sendin an email to email@example.com.
- Privacy & Security
- We take your privacy very seriously. All of you information is stored in an encrypted database and the website is protected with industry standard SSL protection. We do not share, rent or sell your information to any third-parties.
- Returns & Replacements
- If for any reason your are not satisfied with BKE software products you may ask for a prompt refund of 100% of the purchase price with in the first 60 days from the time you order. We do no offer refunds on Expansion Sound Packs. If you purchase a Bundle that includes a software product and you want a refund the maximum refund you will be entitled to is the retail price of the software product included in the Bundle at the time of purchase - minus 20% since the Bundle includes a discounted software product. To initiate a refund contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you want to return a BEAT THANG please contact the retailer where you made your purchase.If you purchased your BEAT THANG directly from BKE TECH then you can contact email@example.com for further instructions.
- You can complete your order on our secure server using major credit cards, Visa, Master Card and American Express. You can also process your payment using Pay Pal. If you would like to make other payment arrangements please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Viewing Orders
- To view your order history log into your account here. or contact email@example.com for assistance.
- Updating Account Information
- To update your account information log into your account here. or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Product Updates, Technical and Customer Support
- As a BKE customer you are entitled to free lifetime updates on Hardware and Software. You can access updates here. Our professional customer service team will give you personalized service that will help you make the most of your BKE experience. At any time contact us at email@example.com for assistance. We will call you, email you, Skype chat with you and remote access your computer (with you permission) to help you work through any issue you might have. In addition, we offer a full video training library to help you learn how to make great music using BKE technology | BEAT THANG training videos | BTV training videos | Sound Pack videos | BTV SOLO training videos.To activate and register your BEAT THANG visit this page
- Do I need a music keyboard or special sound sard or anything else? Mac? PC?
- The only thing you need is a Mac or PC computer with working speakers or headphone jack.
- Can I use my own samples?
- Simply copy your .wav or .aiff 16bit - 24bit sounds (or folders with sounds) to the 'samples' directory and you'll be able to sequence, edit, add effects, and more.
- What's the difference between BTV SOLO and Beat Thang Virtual?
- In short without going into great detail: BTV SOLO has all the same features as Beat Thang Virtual, however it does NOT come with the sampler (but does have sample editing), it does NOT come with the VSTi (however is available as an optional add-on in the members area), and has fewer sounds. The rest of the features are the same.
- Is this really the same as the Beat Thang hardware?
- Yes. BTV SOLO (and Beat Thang Virtual) gives you all the functionality of the hardware in a format for your computer. All of the features, sounds, workflow enhancements, and even the audio engine are the same between the hardware and software.
- If BTV SOLO is so great, why is it so inexpensive?
- Great question, we get it all the time. Short answer: we wanted a product that was affordable to everyone, that would give everyone a chance to produce amazing music. Of course we hope you love BTV SOLO, and upgrade to Beat Thang Virtual and the Beat Thang hardware or get more of our sound packs, but BTV SOLO is about empowering as many people as possible to make their own music. We want to keep it in reach for everyone.
- Is this a plug-in? VSTi? Standalone?
- BTV SOLO is a standalone program, meaning you don't need any other programs or equipment to use the full functionality. We expect to offer an upgrade to the full plug-in version (AU/VST) in the near future, and all BTV SOLO customers who want to upgrade will get a full credit towards that purchase. BTV offer VSTi and AU support so you can open one instance of the plug-in inside your DAW. Future releases will allow for multiple instance support.
- Does it run online or as a desktop application? Can I order it as a gift?
- It installs on your computer like any other Mac or PC application file would run.
- Why am I not able to save my patterns, songs, etc with BTVSOLO?
- Click on the following link, download the file, and install: http://btvsolo.com/BTVDataPath.zip. Downloading and installing this will create the user data path folder needed to save your BTV Solo material.
- You'll want to use your computer's power to run this, not an online component relying on your internet connection for response times and overall work/creative flow... Quick tip for you - always get the desktop software vs web, always.
- You can order from work, or school, or anywhere, even order for a friend/family as a gift. What happens is: You order - & you get emailed with login credentials for our members area, and start your install process in there. So you can order now - and get to your home computer or other computer that will use it - login - continue with the install.
- **NOTE: YOU ALSO GET TWO (2) LICENSES TODAY - So you can give somebody else a fully authorized copy, or you can run it on two of your own machines - both are identical without any limitations or differences. Enjoy!!
- Your BKE Technology software quality assurance.
- We promise to always deliver high quality useful software products.
- Upfront disclosure:
- Prior to installation or download, we work to ensure you clearly understand the principal and significant functions of the software and the specific effects that the software will have on your computers. What this means is that you will be making wall-pounding beats and blazing instrumentals in no time flat. Please review and uderstand the BKE software EULA pertaining to your purchase befroe purhcasing, installing or using BKE software. You can find the End User License Agreement (EULA) here
- Transparent installation:
- You'll are always given a meaningful opportunity to review all proposed installation options and system changes when downloading software. You will NEVER be misled or deceived by our software products.
- Simple removal:
- Should you choose to, all BKE products can be removed using the included uninstaller. You can find software removal and uninstall instructions for any BKE software here.It is easy for you to fully disable or delete an application, should you choose to. Plus all versions of BTV are backed by a full 60 day no questions asked money back guarantee, simply by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with you order number.
- Clear behavior:
- During installation BTV will notify you, as all high quality software products do, of the changes that are being made to your computer. Rest assured ALL OF THESE CHANGES ARE FULLY REVERSIBLE and are only made to ensure you have the best beat making experience on the planet.
- Respecting privacy:
- Our applications DO NOT collect or transmit any personally identifiable information from any of our users for any reason.
- Keeping good company:
- BKE, LLC condemns the development and distribution of harmful or malicious programs or scripts. We DO NOT include and such scripts in any of our software applications, nor do we keep company or bundle our applications with any such programs from any third parties.
- The bottom line:
- With BKE Technology you will always get high quality reliable software products that respect your privacy. If you have any questions or comments about our software please contact us directly at email@example.com
- Contact us directly with any questions or comments you may have.
- Phone: +011 615 750-5493
Fax: +1 615 352-3491
- Corporate address:
- 2002 Richard Jones Road, Suite C-200
Nashville, TN 37215
- Removal instructions for BKE software
- Should you wish to, you can completely remove and uninstall BKE software by following these simple instructions.
- Macintosh removal instructions
- 1. Open a new finder window
2. Click applications
3. Find the program icon and drag it to the Trash bin
4. Under Devices select your Hard Disk
5. Select the Users folder
6. Select the Shared folder
7. Drag the SimBeatThang folder to the Trash bin
8. You have now cpmpletely uninstalled your BKE software
- Windows removal instructions
- By following these instructions this option, remove your installation of BKE software.
- To remove the program, follow these steps:
- 1. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Add or Remove Programs.
2. In the Currently installed programs box, click the program that you want to remove, and then click Change or Change/Remove.
3. Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to make the changes that you want.
4. How to remove an installed BKE program
- To remove a program that is installed on your computer, follow these steps:
- 1. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Add or Remove Programs.
2. In the Currently installed programs box, click the program that you want to remove, and then click Remove.
3. If you are prompted to confirm the removal of the program, click Yes.
- Hardware & Software Agreements (EULA)
- Your use of BKE branded hardware and software products is based on the software license and other terms and conditions in effect for the product at the time of purchase. You will be asked to agree to the terms of the applicable agreement at the time that you obtain or install the software or setup the hardware product.
Please be aware, however, that your purchase is subject to the particular agreement that accompanied the software or hardware product at the time of purchase and that you must agree to the terms and conditions of that agreement when you install the software or set up the product. That agreement may differ from the version of the agreements you can review here. Be certain to read the applicable agreement carefully before you install the software or set up the product.
BY DOWNLOADING, INSTALLING OR OTHERWISE USING THIS SOFTWARE, YOU (i.e., THE PURCHASER AND/OR END USER OF THIS SOFTWARE) AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THE END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT BELOW (“EULA”).
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS EULA, YOU MAY NOT DOWNLOAD OR INSTALL OR USE THIS SOFTWARE AND SHALL, IF RECEIVED, IMMEDIATELY RETURN THE HARD COPY OF THE SOFTWARE TO BEATKANGZ ELECTRONICS, LLC AT 2002 Richard Jones Rd Suite C 200 Nashville TN 37215.
- END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
Unless otherwise specified in this EULA, this EULA is made between and binding upon you and BeatKangz Electronics, LLC and its affiliates (collectively, “BKE”). The software titled BTV Pro (“Software”) and documentation or other material or information related to the Software, whether attached thereto or available on the Web, (collectively, “Documentation”) are owned by BKE. You may use the Software and Documentation only pursuant to the terms and conditions set forth in this EULA.
1. License. Subject to this EULA, BKE hereby grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable license, without rights to sublicense, to use the object code of the Software and the Documentation for your own personal and noncommercial use on a single computer .
2. Pre-recorded Sounds and Patterns. The Software contains various pre-recorded sounds (“Sounds”) and patterns (“Beats”). Subject to this EULA, BKE hereby grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable license, without rights to sublicense, to incorporate the Sounds and Beats into sound recordings produced by you and to copy, distribute, and publicly perform such sound recordings, provided that, in the case of the Beats, you provide an attribution credit to BKE as the source of the Beats. You shall not copy, distribute, license, sell or otherwise transfer the Sounds and or Beats in their original and unedited or edited forms.
3. Restrictions. Unless otherwise expressly permitted herein, you may not reproduce, publish, distribute, sell, license or otherwise transfer in whole or in part the Software and/or Documentation in any form and through any media. You may not disclose information related or embedded in the Software or permit a third party use of the Software without BKE’s prior written consent. You may not reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, modify, adapt or create derivative works based on the Software. You may not use the Software to provide services to others. You may not remove any titles, trademarks or trade names, copyright notices, legends, or other proprietary markings on the Software.
4. Confidentiality. The information and technology embedded in the Software and contained in the Documentation, including, but not limited to, source code, is proprietary and confidential information of BKE. You may only use such information for the Purpose expressly permitted herein by BKE. You may not disclose such information to any third party. You shall use your best effort to safeguard the Software and Documentation and prevent others from gaining access to the Software or Documentation without BKE’s authorization.
5. Termination. BKE may terminate this EULA and the licenses granted herein upon notice if BKE has reason to believe that you have failed to comply with any provisions herein. Immediately upon termination of this EULA, you shall return all copies of the Software and Documentation and certify as to the removal of the Software from any computer on which the Software was installed to BKE. The rights and obligations set forth in Sections 3,4,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,14 and any provision that by its terms is intended to survive, will survive the termination of this agreement.
6. Injunctive Relief. You agree that irreparable injury will result from your breach of this EULA for which monetary damage may not be sufficient to remedy, and, therefore, BKE is entitled, in addition to other rights or remedies available to it at law or in equity, to injunctive or other equitable relief without the obligation to post bond or security.
7. Indemnification by You. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless BKE from all liability and damages incurred by BKE (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and court costs) in connection with any third party claim arising out of your use of the Software or Documentation, including, but not limited to, your breach of any provision herein.
8. Disclaimer of Warranties. BKE MAKES NO REPRESENTATION ABOUT THE SOFTWARE AND DOCUMENATION, AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, ORAL OR WRITTEN, OR ESTABLISHED THROUGH COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF TITLE, WARRANTIES OF NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
9. Disclaimer of Liabilities. BKE AND ITS THIRD PARTY LICENSORS (“WE”) ARE NOT LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY DAMAGES, WHETHER THEY ARE DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, INCURRED BY YOU OR SUCH THIRD PARTY IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE OR DOCUMENTATION. BKE’S LIABILITY TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR A CLAIM OF ANY KIND RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT OR ANY LICENSED PRODUCT WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT OR WARRANTY, STRICT LIABILITY, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE, SHALL NOT EXCEED A TOTAL AMOUNT OF $500.
10. Disclaimer of Obligation to Indemnify. WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY OBLIGATION TO INDEMNIFY OR DEFEND YOU AGAINST ANY THIRD PARTY CLAIM ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SOFTWARE OR DOCUMENTATION, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, A THIRD PARTY CLAIM OF INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHT OR MORAL RIGHT.
11. Notice and Communications. Any communication to BKE arising from or relating to this EULA must be sent to BKE support via email. If you have technical questions relating to the use of Software or Documentation, please contact BKE support via firstname.lastname@example.org
12. Dispute Resolution. All disputes arising from or relating to this EULA must be resolved by confidential binding arbitration in Nashville, Tennessee in accordance with the Consumer-Related Disputes Supplementary Procedures of the American Arbitration Association (http://www.adr.org/sp.asp?id=22014). Award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. Either party may, without inconsistency with this agreement to arbitrate, seek from a court any provisional remedy that may be necessary to protect its intellectual property rights or other rights or property pending the establishment of the arbitral tribunal or its determination of the merits of the controversy. The parties agree that the arbitrator has the power to award all costs of the arbitration, including reasonable attorneys fees and expenses, to the prevailing party. You may not institute any claim or action against BKE relating to this agreement or your use of the Software of Documentation more than 1 year after the cause of action arose. Each of the parties hereby knowingly, voluntarily and intentionally waives any right it may have to a trial by jury in respect of any litigation (including but not limited to any claims, counterclaims, cross-claims, or third party claims) arising out of, under or in connection with this agreement or the use of the Software or Documentation. If BKE prevails in a dispute with you, you are responsible for all reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs and expenses incurred by BKE in connection with the dispute.
13. Governing Law and Venue. The laws of the State of Tennessee (without giving effect to its conflict of laws principles) govern all matters arising out of or relating to this agreement and the transactions it contemplates, including, without limitation, its interpretation, construction, performance, and enforcement. Except as set forth above concerning arbitration, any claims or actions regarding or arising out of this agreement must be brought exclusively in a court of competent jurisdiction sitting in Nashville, Tennessee, and each party to this agreement submits to the jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of all legal actions and proceedings arising out of or relating to this agreement. Each party waives, to the fullest extent permitted by law, any objection that it may now or later have to (i) the laying of venue of any legal action or proceeding arising out of or relating to this agreement brought in any state or federal court sitting in Nashville, Tennessee; and (ii) any claim that any action or proceeding brought in any such court has been brought in an inconvenient forum.
14. Miscellaneous. This EULA constitutes the entire agreement or understanding between the parties to this agreement on the subject matter addressed herein and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous negotiations, understandings, and agreements. This agreement (or any provision herein) may not be modified, supplemented or waived without a written agreement signed by BKE. If any provision herein is found invalid or unenforceable by any court or forum, the other provisions of this agreement shall remain valid and enforceable. Neither this agreement nor any of the obligations of you hereunder may be assigned without prior written consent of BKE. Assignment not in compliance with this agreement is null and void. The provisions of this agreement shall inure to the benefit of, and be binding on, the heirs, successors and permitted assigns of the parties.
Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, place an order, subscribe to the newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site.
Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Web browser cookies
How we use collected information
BKETECH may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
To improve customer service
Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
To personalize user experience
We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
To improve our Site
We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
To process payments
We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Site feature To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
To send periodic emails
We may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests.
If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures. Our Site is also in compliance with PCI vulnerability standards in order to create as secure of an environment as possible for Users.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others for any reason. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy and terms of service. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
BKE, LLC Nashville, TN
Support Phone: 615-750-5493
Support Email: email@example.com
This document was last updated on May 05, 2013